I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Luxe


The Luxe (Luxe #1)


Published Nov. 20, 2007 by HarperCollins
What a disappointing book. I had such high hopes for it. It takes a lot for me to rate a book with one star, but this one merits it. All it was was a soap opera wrapped in an historical fiction cover. All the characters are either whiny, weak, immoral, bratty, back-biting, disloyal, childish or a combination of all of the above. Not one of the characters was likeable. Not the least bit.

Why did I finish the book? I'm not sure. Probably the same reason soap operas are popular. It sucks you in - and not in a good way.


The writing was not that great, either. If the writing had been better, maybe I could have forgiven the lack of plot, the insipid dialog and the flat characters.


I will not be reading the next books in the series. I couldn't care less what happens to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment