I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Eragon

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle #1)

by

503 pages
Published Apr. 2005, by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published Feb. 1, 2002)  
 
I reread this book over the course of a week, and enjoyed it again. Though, now that I'm older and know the storyline, I could focus on the writing and technical aspects of the book. And although I still can't believe it was written by a teenager (what teen has the patience to write a 500 page book?), I can see a bit of immaturity in the writing style. Not that that's a wholly bad thing. It just is.
I may wait a little bit to reread the 2nd book. There's only so much fantasy I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment