I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 31, 2013

Outcast by Adrienne Kress


Outcast

by

3.5 stars

283 pages

Publication date: June 4, 2013


 
I finished reading this a few days ago, and I'm still ruminating. I enjoyed the entire book (except for the waaaay overuse of a particular swear word). The pacing was a bit slow, but not too bad. There was decent character development. The main character had sass. I liked that.
BUT ...
I'm trying to figure out the ending. It was quite a unsatisfying way to end the story. I don't want to give away any spoilers, so why did Kress end it the way she did? The relationship between Riley and Gabe was built up and up and developed so well! And then, poof!
An epilogue would have been nice. Necessary, even.
So would an explanation on why Gabe had amnesia. And why things in the "other world" caused the things they did. Backstory, please!
Yet, despite these disappointments, I'm glad I read the book. If the swearing was toned down, I'd recommend this to my friends and to youth.
Thank you NetGalley and Diversion Books for allowing me to review this ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment