I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Eternal Hourglass (Magickeepers #1)


The Eternal Hourglass (Magickeepers #1)

If you or your kiddo are looking for a fun, exciting "magic" novel, this is a fantastic choice. No swearing or sex.
Nicolai turns 13 and is whisked into a world of real magicians - his family. He starts learning how to do real magic (which I wish had been explored further), then faces the dark magician Rasputin.
I quite enjoyed the Russian angle - I haven't read any JUV/YA literature that contains this. I love learning about new things, and this just starts to touch on a vast new area!
Plus it's on the short side, so it was a quick read. I'll be reading the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment