I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, August 4, 2014

Chasing the Prophecy

Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders #3)

3 stars


512 pages
Published Mar. 12, 2013 by Aladdin

If you can get past all of the questions that are asked in the narrative (and there are so many, I started skipping those paragraphs), this is a great ending to a pretty great trilogy for kids. The questions asked by the main characters were so plentiful that it detracted from the pace and action of the book. Instead of asking so many questions, like "Is this the right thing to do? How do I know?" etc. the book's action and pace would be better served by decisive decision-making.

Despite that, the book was full of moral themes that I would love to have my kids adopt. Themes such as valuing friendship, being loyal and having faith.

I can recommend to any kid or teen wanting a action-packed, yet still clean book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment