I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Best of Amish Friends Cookbook Collection


The Best of Amish Friends Cookbook Collection

I enjoyed this cookbook quite a lot. The recipes inside were down-home and doable. Easy to find ingredients and simple methods make me want to try them all out!
I also quite liked the histories of the Amish and Mennonite communities that was presented before each section. I read each of them with fascination. I wish they were longer, more in depth and not so redundant, though. Much of the same information was repeated numerous times in different histories.
The pictures were nice and well done. But ... MORE please! And I would have liked to have had captions included - especially for the food photos. I want to know what dish I am looking at.
Also, the names under each recipe ... who are they? What Plain People community do they belong to? A little bit of background on the recipes would be a fun addition.
Easy to read, nice layout, good color scheme.
A very nice 4-star rating.
Thank you NetGalley and Barbour Publishing, Inc., for allowing me to review this delightful cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment