I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 31, 2013

Spellbound (Spellbound #1)

Spellbound (Spellbound #1)

Ah, yes, another teen romance/fairy tale. At least this one was pretty good. Although I have to admit that I am a sucker for star-crossed love and all that sap.

But besides the good plot, the writing was surprisingly good. Pacing was OK - though slow at times. And I got pretty tired of "those emerald eyes" being obsessed over. There is a smattering of swear words, too.


Great climax, too. I love a good fight scene. And then the book ended. It seems rare nowadays to read a book that is self-contained in one volume. It's all trilogies and such. This book basically tied up all loose ends, but left room for a sequel if so desired. But not at all necessary. Though I believe there is another one coming out. But I don't feel compelled to read it, though I probably will because I enjoyed the first one so much.
All in all, an entertaining read.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment