I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Partials (Partials Sequence #1)


Partials (Partials Sequence #1)

by


So, I have mixed feelings about this book. I really liked it when there was action and evasion and struggle, but I have to tell you that this was a hugely dialogue-heavy story. I love dialogue and understand the necessity of back story, but when page after page is political arguments and discussion, it gets old.
The premise is great. Post-apocalyptic, survival of humans, fighting against the bad guys ... all good things that make a good book. The plot, though, took forever to develop. And the heavy-handedness of painting politicians as the ultimate bad guys is, well, too political for me. How's that for irony?
But this book is worth the read, if only for the nuggets of genius shining through the sludge of politico.
I suppose I'll read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment