I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 17, 2013

Knit Christmas Stockings, 2nd Edition

Knit Christmas Stockings, 2nd Edition

by


5 stars

 
I have always had grand dreams of knitting Christmas stocking for my children, but have never known where to start. Socks of any kind intimidate me, and adding cute charts makes me start to sweat. But this cute, beautifully photographed book has taken away most of the fear associated with trying something new.
What makes it so accessible and fun is that there is something for all levels of knitter. If you're like me (an advanced beginner), start out with something small - like Mini Felted Mitts and Socks or Ski Sweater Ornaments. That way, you learn the technique without investing hours and hours of time, just to discover you've missed a stitch or something. Frustration is limited when working on a small project.
If you are more advanced - and I bow down to you! - there are quite challenging projects, such as Winter Wonderland or Reindeer and Bells. Lots of charts, color changes and textures.
Photographs are a necessity in knitting books, and the ones contained in this one do not disappoint.
A solid offering.
Thank you NetGalley.com and Storey Publishing for allowing me to review this delightful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment