I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Maze Runner series


The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)

by






The first in this series The Maze Runner was OK. This is what I had to say about it back when I originally read it:

 "A young adult adventure/action story. It wasn't bad."
So not an overwhelmingly fantastic review, but not horrible.
 

It gets worse ... 

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner #2)

by






I have to be blunt ... I skimmed this. I read the first 40 or so pages and just couldn't stand all the terrifically awful deaths of these teenagers.

And honestly, I really only wanted to know how it ended. It seemed like I was thinking through the whole book "How can 'they' put these poor kids through this? They can't take anymore!" Indiscriminate killing, horrific scenes, and confusing plot line all required me to give it the 2 stars. I will read (or skim) the last book just to see how it ends. It had better have a good ending!

Can it get worse? Oh, yes it can ... 

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3)

by



325 pages
Published Oct. 11, 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Lame, lame, lame ending. Please don't waste your time on this.

 The first book was decent, if completely unnecessarily violent. Book 2 was more disappointing. And this one was pretty terrible. The ending will make you say, "What?? THAT'S how he ends it? What was the point?"

Save yourselves!

Skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment