I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, September 9, 2013

Requiem

Requiem (Delirium #3)

by

2 stars

391 pages
Published Mar. 5, 2013 by HarperCollins Children's Books

I didn't think I could be so disappointed by such a bad ending after "Mockingjay," but I believe this one tops that horrific train wreck. My first word after realizing the book just ended was, "LAME!"

The entire book was a pretty good read (which is why I gave it 2 stars), full of action and angst and plot. I read and read. And then the book stopped. It just stopped. I turned the page expecting some more - some answers to questions, some loose ends tied up ... something ... and all I got was the Acknowledgments page. Abrupt.

It was as if Lauren Oliver didn't know how to resolve all the issues and problems facing Lena and Hana, so she didn't. She just dropped everything. No resolution, no denouement, no closure, no nothing. Because if this is the last book in the series, then Oliver needs to grow some imagination, or perhaps request an editor change.

I am beyond disappointed. I'm actually kind of angry.

Bad form, Oliver, bad form.

No comments:

Post a Comment