I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, September 27, 2013

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs #1)

by  

5 stars

32 pages
 
Published Apr. 1, 1982 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published 1978)

I was so excited when they came out with a movie about this book, because this book is one of my absolute favorites from growing up. Too bad the movie didn't live up to its inspiration (do they ever??)

The clever story, wonderful illustrations and fabulous writing make this a memorable romp in childhood frivolity and food fantasy. I introduced Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs to my children, and they loved it just as much I did. Even now that they are older, they still love getting it out and reading it.

If you have seen the movie, but not read the book ... GO READ THE BOOK! It's a hundred times better and so, so enjoyable. Literally generations of children have read and adored this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment