I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, September 16, 2013

Inhuman

Inhuman (Fetch #1)

by

4.5 stars

384 pages
Expected publication: Sept. 24, 2013 by Scholastic 
 
Dystopia-lovers, REJOICE!

I finally get to share a book with you that ranks up there with the best sellers, because this one is definitely going to be on that list!

Recently, I had fallen into an "I'm bored" slump with many of my books, so it took me a week to pick up this novel and start reading. But when I did, somehow my fingers developed super glue! This book mutated me into a part human, part raccoon who can't let go of that shiny something.

A fantastic premise (Think an I Am Legend/The Island of Dr. Moreau hybrid),  excellent writing, quick pacing and insightful character development make this the next "TO READ" for any teen or adult. I enjoyed every gripping minute I was immersed in the wild, colorful, dystopian, violent world of "Inhuman," by Kat Falls.

The only reason I docked a half-star was the love triangle that is developed. I'm so tired of the widely overdone Bella/Edward/Jacob formula. I adored both male love interests, so I despised the choice that our heroine is faced with. But that's the only beef I have with the book. I'm not going to overly analyze it either, because I just want to enjoy.

I cannot wait until I can get my paws (sorry!) on the next book in the series. I can only hope it's as good as this initial offering. Kat Falls has a winner on her hands - much to the joy of the millions of dystopian fans that roam the earth.

Thank you NetGalley and Scholastic Inc. for the opportunity to review this wildly good new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment