I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Scarlet

Scarlet (Scarlet #1)

by


Published Feb. 14, 2012 by Walker Childrens

I gotta be honest here, I didn't finish this book because my "editor" OCD kicked in and had a horrendous hissy fit.
The author, apparently in an attempt to enhance the authenticity of the speech, substituted the word "were" for "was." I just couldn't get past that audacious lack of respect for grammar!!! Every time I encountered the word "were," I had to stop and see if the word "was" was actually the word that was supposed to be used. I couldn't concentrate on what was happening, because I was on the constant look-out for all that bad grammar. So, even if it had a good plot, I wouldn't have noticed.

Yay for OCD!


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment