I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, October 11, 2013

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory


Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket #1)

by

Published 1989 by Cornerstone Books (first published 1964)

Well, of course I'm going to give this book 5 stars. That's a given. Roald Dahl is one of my most favorite authors of all-time. He writes magic. He is the Dr. Seuss of Juvenile Fiction.

I read this as a bed-time story to my son. He ate it up (no pun intended). Fabulous writing, a delightful plot and a not-so-subtle commentary on "bad" children meld to create a book that is entirely readable, loveable and unforgettable.

The books is infinitely better than the movies - yes, BOTH movies. Wonka is portrayed in the book as a bit eccentric, but not creepy. Yeah, I said it - Johnny Depp was freakin' creepy as Willy Wonka!

Anyway, before I get off topic too much ... I recommend this book to anyone with a brain. Anyone who breathes. Read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment