I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, June 7, 2013

Die for Me

Die for Me (Die for Me #1)

by

341 pages 

Published May 10th 2011 by HarperTeen

Another love-at-first-sight YA paranormal story. You'd think I'd get tired of them, right? But it's amazing what good writing and a healthy dose of drama and action can do for you. It's addicting.

This book introduces a new kind of "paranormal": revenants. There are good revenants and bad revenants. I've heard of "bad" revenants, but never of "good" revenants, so props to Amy Plum for introducing me to that. And our human heroine (she's 16 years old) falls in love with a good one ... who is technically waaaaay older than her, which is kind of "ew." But whatever, I can overlook that.


Also, it seems like all the characters in YA fiction are fabulously wealthy and are hotness personified. Just once, I'd like the hero/love interest to be dirt poor and normal looking. THAT would be an interesting story.

Anyway, I'm ignoring that and focusing on the imaginative premise. Which I really like. It's very clever how she invented a whole way of life for these undead people. She gives new meaning to the phrase "dead to the world."

Although I enjoyed the book quite a lot, a bit more action and less "lovey mush" would be nice. Maybe the next books will focus more on the action, since the "lovey mush" has been established. And I would like to know why Jules is all stalker-y.

I'll be reading the next in the series - I hope it's as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment