I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Alien Invasion and Other Inconveniences

Alien Invasion and Other Inconveniences

by

3.5 stars

240 pages

Published Oct. 12, 2010, by Candlewick Press

I needed a "palate cleanser" after a bunch of YA paranormal romance type stuff. And this quick "alien" book fit the bill.
After aliens come and take over the earth in 2 seconds, the humans - products are what they are called - who survived are taken as slaves in the new regime led by a little green dude called Lord Vert.
The survivors start accessing their latent psychic abilities and fighting back.
The premise is good, the writing is solid and characters are pretty well developed.
My only gripe is that I wish the story were longer. There were things that could have been explained further. And the ending ... quite abrupt. I hope there is a sequel, but I don't think there will be. I would totally read it!
A smattering of mild swearing. No sex. Little to no physical violence. It's all in their heads. Literally.
Great read for anyone - boys, girls, teens, adults.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review. I appreciate it. And yep, there's a sequel. It comes out Sept. It's called Homicidal Aliens & Other Disappointments. It takes up where the Alien Invasion leaves off.

    ReplyDelete