I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, December 9, 2013

Champion

I've been out of town for a week - hence the lag in posting. But I'm back!

Champion (Legend #3)

by

4.5 stars

369 pages
Published Nov. 5, 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

I was sad when this series ended, because overall it was a well-written, exciting dive into a post-apocalyptic, dystopian society. I was happy though, that most, if not all the loose ends were tied up nicely - if a bit too abruptly. But I can't complain too loudly when an author doesn't neglect her duty to satisfy readers' needs for closure.

The ending was happy, with a touch of sadness - lots of room for hope and healing. I enjoyed that very much.

No swearing, but one slightly glossed over sex scene.

I'd love to see a spin-off of this series set in the world of Antarctica. That place was intriguing.

Good job, Marie Lu, I like your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment