I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, December 23, 2013

Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1)

by

4 stars

358 pages
Published June 5, 2012 by Henry Holt and Co.

Happy, happy day! This fantasy is right up my alley. Part coming-of-age story, part love story and part magical power story.

This is a story about a girl who discovers her inborn powers and her struggle to learn to use them - and not be used by others. She also loses her innocence and naivete by trusting the wrong people.

I was intrigued by the premise and held captive by the plot. I read this book quickly - much to the dismay and neglect of my family.

Pick this up. It's fantastic. No swearing and no sex. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment