I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, March 24, 2014

Pawn

Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1)

by




Argh! I can't believe it's been 10 days since I've last posted! But happily, it was for a good reason. Some girlfriends and I flew up to Berlin and spent the whole week sightseeing and shopping. It was delightful.

BUT NOW, back to the reviews.

While on the plane I read this whole book - so you know Pawn will be a fast read. It's not thick on character development or fantastic writing, but it does move along quickly and has a decent premise - think Meg Cabot's Airhead trilogy, with a touch of Keira Cass's The Selection and with some rebellion thrown in.

One happy aspect - there is no love triangle. For a while, I thought there might be, but I was thankfully wrong. And there was an evil grandmother - who doesn't like an evil grandmother?? Quite awesome.

I will be reading the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment