I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valkyrie Rising

Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie #1)

by

4 stars

352 pages

Published Oct. 9, 2012 by HarperTeen

An interesting book about a subject not written about often. Especially in a YA genre.

I didn't know a lot about the Norse legends and myths and this was a good introduction. I'm familiar with Odin and Loki (from the movie Thor), but the Valkyries were mostly new.

I enjoyed the pacing and the writing. The main character was a bit too whiny for me at first, but she got better. Especially when she discovered her powers.

I'll probably read the next one in the series. There's enough room for a sequel, but it's not necessary. This is a standalone book.

No comments:

Post a Comment