I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Code

Code (Virals #3)

by

3.5 stars

408 pages
Published March 7, 2013 by Young Arrow

I am an avid "Bones" fan - I love that TV show! And if you are, too, this book is hand-picked for you. Especially if you like YA, adventure and murder mysteries. I wouldn't be surprised if this book made its way to the small screen - it's right in line with the premise and execution of the TV show.

The reason I docked it 1.5 stars, though, is that I was hoping for more use and development of the Virals' powers. That was touched on, yes, but the Gamemaster story overshadowed that aspect. I especially wanted some insight into the other 3 members of the pack and their individual development of their powers. Readers are still unsure exactly what they can do - just general information is provided.

Despite that, I am infinitely grateful for this series. I am guaranteed an entertaining and thrilling story without all the swearing and sex and gore of adult fiction. The mother/son team of Kathy and Brendan Reichs is definitely talented and engaging. They know how to write great YA fiction.

Keep 'em coming, please! I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment