I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, July 7, 2014

Fortune's Pawn

Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1)

by  

4 stars

320 pages
Published Nov. 5, 2013 by Orbit
Ah. Sci-fi at its best! I loved this book! It's full of space adventure, fighting, aliens, a mysterious enemy, love, travel ... all well thought-out and described. Bach has created a universe full of diversity, danger and beauty. I can't figure out how one person can bring such creativity and imagination to a book.

The only thing I can't figure out is if this is a YA or an adult book. I am leaning toward adult, because the main character, Devi, is almost 30 years old and is quite free with sharing her sex life. There is a sex scene in here, but it's not terribly graphic. But it is there.

There is some swearing, as well. I wouldn't let my mom read this book.

Yet saying that, I can't wait to read all the books in this trilogy! I haven't read a book that gets me excited like this in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment