I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, June 30, 2014

Dark Triumph

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2)

I was so confused at the beginning of this book. It had been a while since I read the first book, and was expecting to keep following the main character in that one. But I had forgotten her name, so I was so out of it. I persevered and finally figured out that this book follows a completely different character. Once I had that straightened out, I started to enjoy the plot and action.

Like the first book, the writing is dark and depressing, yet compelling. I couldn't put it down, but I had to to preserve my sanity. The bad guy was truly bad - so bad that it was slightly unbelievable. And the end of his story was unsatisfying. I wish there had been more to it.

I will probably read this last book in this series, which I assume will follow a different character than the first two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment