I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1)The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this pretty well, I guess. It's definitely a different sort of writing than I'm used to - more lyrical and meandering, than illustrative and to the point. The plot is good - simple and clear - yet without the mellifluous prose and recurring poetry, it could have been condensed into 50 pages. Many plot points and characters are not explained fully - no back stories are given. Characters are one-dimensional and uncomplicated. Fortunately, it's short - and if you're a fantasy fan, apparently you have to read this. Am I glad I did? I suppose.
Totally clean, with very minimal violence and no sex or swearing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment