I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, November 18, 2013

Legend

Legend (Legend #1)

by


Published Nov. 29, 2011 by Putnam Juvenile


This was just the book that I needed to get over a super crappy book I had just previously read. (See post below.)

Marie Lu really knows how to write an exciting, intriguing story - complete with decent character development, evil bad guys and a bit of computer hacking! I loved it.

I did think the torture scenes were a little too gleefully gratuitous, hence the one star docking. And I didn't like some of the characters doing a complete 180 - first they hate, now they don't. Or conversely, nice guy turns uber-evil. It was a bit jarring.

But overall, I deem it a fantastic book. No swearing, yay!

I've added #2 and #3 to my to-read list. Thankfully the last in the trilogy was just published, so no having to wait for the next one to come out!!

I can recommend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment