I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Boy at the End of the World

The Boy at the End of the World

by

224 pages
Published June 21, 2011 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens 
 
I started this book, then put it aside for a while to read another book. I guess that says something for the story.

While it was an interesting concept - an engineered boy waking up after thousands of years since the extinction of man - I just couldn't quite engage in the story. Mostly because it was a little-disguised environmental lecture. I love nature, yet I don't like being told that I'm an evil villain because I drive my kids to school.

I give this three solid stars because the writing was actually quite witty. There were even some places where I laughed out-loud ... Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment